General Information on 2,4-D
2,4-D has been researched in various capacities by scientists and government regulatory agencies for more than six decades. As a result, there are volumes upon volumes of published information related to 2,4-D. The studies outlined here represent some of the most requested general information about 2,4-D herbicide. For more information on popular topics related to 2,4-D, visit the Backgrounders (Link to appropriate tab) section of this site
- Pesticides & Health — Myths vs. Realities: A Position Paper of the American Council on Science and Health — Professor Allan S. Felsot, Washington State University
- 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid (2,4-D) Herbicide Active Ingredient Quick Reference Guide. Industry Task Force II on 2,4-D Research Data, 2009.
- Health Canada Pest Management Regulatory Agency. Re-evaluation Decision (2,4-Dichlorophenoxy)acetic Acid [2,4-D]. RVD2008-11, 2008.
- Canadian Value – Benefits Study: Assessment of the Economic and Related Benefits to Canada of Phenoxy Herbicides, 2006.
- Health Canada Pest Management Regulatory Agency. Questions and Answers: Re-evaluation of Lawn and Turf Uses of the Herbicide 2,4-D., 2006.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards. NIOSH Publication No. 2005-151, 2005.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 2,4-D RED Facts, Pesticide Reregistration. EPA-738-F-05-002, 2005.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Reregistration Eligibility Decision for 2,4-D (RED). Office of Pesticide Programs, EPA 738-R-05-002, 2005.
- Gold, L.S., et al., Misconcptions About the Causes of Cancer. Human and Environmental Risk Assessment: Theory and Practice. D. Paustenbch, ed., New York: John Wiley & Sons, pp. 1415-1460 (2002).
- Brown, J.N. et al., Herbicide Spray Drift Odor: Measurement and Toxicological Significance. Arch. Environ. Contam. & Toxicol, 38, 390-397, 2000.
- Biologic and Economic Benefits from the use of Phenoxy Herbicides in the United States, U.S. Department of Agriculture, NAPIAP Report No. 1-PA-96 (Forward and Executive Summary only).
- Gribble, G.W., The Natural Production of Chlorinated Compounds. Environ. Sci. Technol. Vol. 28, No. 7, 311A-319A, 1994.